What is AAF Tuscaloosa?
We are a professional organization comprised of a group of individuals who work in various aspects of the advertising industry. Our membership includes advertising agencies, marketing departments, designers, broadcast and print media, industry suppliers, and other advertising professionals. Monthly meetings are normally held the second Thursday of every month, except July.
AAF Tuscaloosa is an affiliate of the American Advertising Federation, the Unifying Voice for Advertising. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., the AAF is the trade association representing more than 50,000 professionals in the advertising industry.
AAF Tuscaloosa hosts programs including:
- Monthly meetings or socials featuring industry-related speakers
- The American Advertising Awards: An annual awards ceremony recognizing advertising excellence
- Silver Medal Award: Given annually recognizing persons in the local community who have made outstanding contributions to the advertising industry
- Public Service programs utilizing the talents and resources of the club in order to benefit the community
- Advertising education in the community
- Diversity programs encouraging multi-cultural participation in the advertising community.
- Fundraisers to provide scholarships to deserving students in the field of advertising including the annual golf tournament
- Professional development through monthly meetings and events.
- Networking with peers, clients, and potential clients in the advertising community.
- Impact and influence the local community and local client perception of the industry through public service initiatives.
- Contribute to the education of deserving advertising college students through fundraising.
- AAF Job Bank. If you are looking to jump-start your career or are seeking channels to identify and recruit new talent, the AAF can help!
- AAF SmartBrief. An e-news service available to AAF members that delivers the most essential advertising news of the day.
- See updated member discounts on the AAF website: www.aaf.org. and www.aaftuscaloosa.com.