As an AAF-Tuscaloosa member, you’ll have access to a variety of programs that we sponsor:
- Professional development through monthly meetings and events.
- Networking with peers, clients, and potential clients in the advertising community.
- Impact and influence the local community and local client perception of the industry through public service initiatives.
- Contribute to the education of deserving advertising college students through fundraising.
- AAF Job Bank. If you are looking to jump-start your career or are seeking channels to identify and recruit new talent, AAF can help!
- AAF SmartBrief. An e-news service available to AAF members that delivers the most essential advertising news of the day.
Visit www.aaf.org for a complete list of member discounts.
- AAF Job bank - If you are looking to jump-start your career or are seeking channels to identify and recruit new talent, the AAF can help!
- AAF Smartbrief - An e-news service available to AAF members that delivers the most essential advertising news of the day.
- Portfolio, presentation and shipping cases - AAF Members receive a 15% discount on all items in their online store.
- Advertising Age - Save 25% on your advertising age subscription.
- Cobalt Web hosting - Cobalt, the official hosting provider of the AAF website, is proud to offer AAF members a special 10% discount on shared web hosting.
- FedEx Shipping - Save up to 20% on select FedEx Express® services, up to 12% on select FedEx Ground® services, and up to 13% on select FedEx Express® International services.
- Hertz is offering AAF members up to a 20% discount at participating locations.
- Through PROinsure, AAF provides coverage for club leadership and management as well as for individual members.
- The New York Times.
- Save 25% on the cost of home (or office) delivery for a full year.
AAF Tuscaloosa is currently seeking both nominations and applications for its Diversity Membership Grant. The intent of this grant is to help introduce minority members of the advertising community to the benefits of membership, which include national AAF membership, networking, professional development, and more! AAF Tuscaloosa will award up to three grants for the 2017-2018 membership year (July 1-June 30).
Each three-year grant will cover 100% of AAFT membership dues (currently $190) in year one, 60% of dues in year two, and 30% of dues in year three. Dues cover the cost of meals at monthly lunch meetings, AAF District 7 Dues, and national AAF individual membership dues. Recipients will be eligible for all AAFT membership benefits.
Criteria for the award are that recipients' race must be under represented in the club, he/she must be employed full-time in an advertising-related job or field (one that buys, sells, creates, or oversees advertising), and not currently an AAFT member. The priority application deadline is November 10, but applications will be accepted until all available grants are awarded. To apply/nominate, click here to download an application form, and submit as indicated on the application.