2017 D7 Leadership Conference Planning Committee
Chair: Deidre Stalnaker
To plan the best AAF District 7 Leadership Conference ever. Subcommittees include Programming: Professional Development, Programming: Fun, Marketing & Promotions, Budget and Sponsorship.
American Advertising Awards (AAA’s)
Co-Chairs: Rebecca Royen and Julie Mann
To setup, promote and handle judging and presentation of awards in the annual AAA competition and be responsible for forwarding entries to district competitions. Organize and execute the AAA awards event in February.
Co-Chairs: Michael Nix and Chris Powell
To promote the National Club Achievement Competition, to assist other committee chairs in preparing the materials needed for entering and to supervise the collection of entries.
Advertising Education & Scholarship
Chair: Julie Salter
- To present from time to time a clinic, workshop or institute in advertising for all interested in furthering their knowledge in techniques of the advertising profession.
- To serve as a liaison with local college and high school students and to promote interest in entering the advertising industry among said groups.
- To promote and operate the Betty Heard Memorial Scholarship (advertising major), the Ricky Yanaura Memorial Scholarship (advertising major), and the Ronnie Quarles Memorial Scholarship (broadcast major) program of the Club.
Diversity & Multi-Cultural Initiatives
Chair: Tasha Washington
To administrate the Diversity Membership Grant program and to develop ways to include multi-cultural thinking in the Club’s many projects and activities as well as ensure that the Club’s membership reflects the diverse population of West Alabama.
Chair: Patricia Cade
To supervise, under control of the Board of Directors, the finances of the Club and to prepare all club budgets. Works closely with the Club bookkeeper. The Treasurer shall serve as chair.
Chair: Chris Powell
Members: Each of the event chairs (AAA’s, Golf Tournament, Bike Ride, etc.)
To develop non-dues revenue to support the Club and its activities and projects. Includes the Golf Tournament, Highway to Hale, and any other fundraising events, activities, and initiatives.
Chair: Bradlee Colburn
To monitor actions of all governmental bodies at the municipal, county and state levels as they affect advertising and to advise the President and the Board of any actions it considers detrimental to advertising.
Chair: Mary Sood
To work on all membership related activities, to include encouraging new memberships, screening and processing new applications and installing all new members. The Vice President of Membership shall serve as chair.
Communication & Publicity
Chair: Kellie Hensley
To produce club e-mail communications, which serve to promote within the organization the activities and priorities of the Club. To promote all Club functions, projects, workshops, achievements, etc. via the various media resources available. To maintain the Club’s web site.
Co-Chairs: Angie Huges and Jay Waters
To arrange for all programs, provide speakers and /or furnish entertainment at all regular meetings, functions and social events. The Vice President of Programs shall serve as chairman.
Chair: Tory Shumpert
To evaluate and recommend action to the Board on actives of a public service nature, to develop a speakers bureau and to provide speakers, displays and other activities to the general public, students, civic clubs, etc. The committee shall assume responsibility of the execution of those activities approved by the Board.
Chair: Tabitha Bostick
To examine all financial records of the Club at the end of retch administrative year and at other times requested by the President or Board of Directors. At the end of each administrative year, the Audit Committee shall deliver a written report to the Board of Directors and to the general membership at the meeting following each annual business meeting on the status of each fund maintained by the Club.
Chair: Kassandra Horton
- Ad Person of the Year
- To secure an acceptable nominee for this special recognition ant arrange for the presentation of the Ad Person of the Year plaque.
- Silver Medal Award
- To secure acceptable nominees for recognition through the AAF Silver Medal Award program arrange for judging; secure the Silver Medal and neck medallion from the AAF and arrange for presentation.
- Dan Kilgo Community Service Award
- To secure acceptable nominees for the Dan Kilgo Community Service Award to an outstanding citizen of the community, to arrange for judging, obtain certificate, hand lettered and framed and arrange for presentation.
Policy & Bylaws
Chair: Adam Miller
To consider each proposed amendments to the bylaws presented to the Board and to recommend action to the Board.
Chair: Tabitha Bostick
To recommend to the Board and to the Club a slate of officers and Directors for the following administrative year. This includes developing potential board members throughout the year.