- Monthly meetings or socials featuring industry-related speakers
- The American Advertising Awards: An annual awards ceremony recognizing advertising excellence
- Silver Medal Award: Given annually recognizing persons in the local community who have made outstanding contributions to the advertising industry
- Public Service programs utilizing the talents and resources of the club in order to benefit the community
- Advertising education in the community
- Diversity programs encouraging multi-cultural participation in the advertising community.
- Fundraisers to provide scholarships to deserving students in the field of advertising including the annual golf tournament
- To strive for betterment of advertising in all areas affecting the advancement and general welfare of the business and its service to the public.
- To protect advertising from legislation and regulation that could over regulate and unduly restrain advertising and which would be harmful to the advertising industry.
- To establish and promote industry self-regulation by the practitioners of advertising.
- To develop a better understanding of the role and benefits of advertising among governmental authorities, the consuming public, and in schools and universities, and to encourage and assist the best students to enter advertising as a career.
- To recognize excellence in advertising.
- To assist in promoting public service causes.
- To offer programs to promote fellowship, communication, career enhancement, and education among members of the advertising industry.
- Professional development through monthly meetings and events.
- Networking with peers, clients, and potential clients in the advertising community.
- Impact and influence the local community and local client perception of the industry through public service initiatives.
- Contribute to the education of deserving advertising college students through fundraising.
- AAF Job Bank. If you are looking to jump-start your career or are seeking channels to identify and recruit new talent, the AAF can help!
- AAF SmartBrief. An e-news service available to AAF members that delivers the most essential advertising news of the day.
- See updated member discounts on the AAF website: www.aaf.org. and www.aaftuscaloosa.com.
In response to the greater diversity underutilization of ethnic marketing, allegations of unfair business practices and findings of a 1999 FCC-commissioned study, the AAF and The AAF Foundation formed a Business Practices Review Committee. The committee drafted the Principles and Recommended Practices for Effective Advertising in the American Multicultural Marketplace, which are now known as the Mosaic Principles & Recommended Practices. The primary objective of these principles is to increase the representation of people of color throughout the ranks of our business, to help companies achieve growth by leveraging multicultural and targeted ethnic marketing communications and to promote fair competition.